AMPTRAC - How does it work?
The AMPTRAC Intelligent Infrastructure Management System (IIMS) turns cabling systems and their connected devices into intelligent networks by reducing costly and time-consuming manual cable management. With this system, you can track and document all Moves, Adds and Changes (MACs) to your network from a centralized location as they occur. This fully automated system optimizes asset utilization, maintains accurate documentation and helps to prevent costly errors.
The AMPTRAC IIMS easy to implement hardware coupled with the IM cutting-edge software can be integrated into new or existing networks. By allowing you to respond immediately to any changes in connectivity through customizable alerts or alarms, the IM Software optimizes your network monitoring and security. AMPTRAC hardware, when used in conjunction with the IM software, provides the missing link that integrates network management and physical layer management - revolutionizing the way networks are controlled and documented.
AMPTRAC System Components
- AMPTRAC Patch Panels with integrated Sensor Strips
(also available as AMPTRAC Ready Panels for later upgrade)
- AMPTRAC Sensor Strips which are applied to active electronics like swiches to realize Interconnect Solutions (for Cross Connect Solutions, AMPTRAC Panels are used for active electronics port represenation).
- AMPTRAC Analyzers are the device that tracks the connections between sensor contacts and communicates with the AMPTRAC IM software database.
- AMPTRAC I/O cables that connect sensor contacts (from Panels or Sensor Strips) to the Analyzer
- AMPTRAC Patchcords with integrated "9th" wire, which provides the connection between sensor contacts at the corresponding ports.
The AMPTRAC System Analyzer discovers connects/disconnects and communicates the Port ID information in real-time to the AMPTRAC Database over the TCP-IP connection. When a patchcod is inserted or removed from a port, the AMPTRAC sensor circuit immediately notifies the database software to update and document the change in connectivity.
Via the integrated iDiscover Module, AMPTRAC discovers also all SNMP enabled active equipment like Work Stations and Servers as well as Switches and moves them automatically to their physical location within the infrastructure.
This provides network administrators responsible for enterprise or data center networks with vital timesaving and up-to-the-minute information about the status of their network from the hardware layer up.