Why Managed Connectivity?
Increasing volumes of data and demands for more efficient use of financial and IT resources means today's networking professionals are being asked to deliver services that are not only ‘always on' but that respond with agility to rapidly changing business needs.
These increasingly complex networks demand;
- Efficient management of a virtualized infrastructure through investment in virtualization management software.
- Excellent IT process control through implementation of best practice frameworks such as ITIL.
- A highly integrated approach to all aspect of network management - getting the most out of yourdata center infrastructure management (DCIM) and network management (NMS) software.
TE's managed connectivity solution enables higher network availability, while lowering network costs, by integrating full visibility of the physical layer into existing network management applications - all the way from the data center to the desktop.
- Higher availability through increased automation,improved diagnostics and reduced downtime.
- Reduced OPEX through more efficient change management, asset provisioning and utilization.
- Improved ITIL process efficiency through 100% accurate real time physical location information that can prove invaluable to security and compliance.
- Full integration of the physical layer with the virtual world within existing NMS and DCIM software to enhance visibility and control of the whole network.
TE's managed connectivity solution, with its Infrastructure Configuration Manager (ICM) software and a choice of two connectivity hardware technologies, delivers full knowledge and visibility of the physical layer. ICM can be seamlessly integrated into your existing network management software to give full control and visibility of the complete network.